This policy will be effective as of 25th May 2018.
- What information we collect about you
- How we use information
- How we share information
- Storage and security
- Your choices (access and control)
- International Data Transfer
- Other important privacy information
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
By using our services, we collect or may collect the following categories of personal information about you; real name, user name, email address, IP-address, account settings and any such information that would be considered as personal in cases where we need information relating to issue-tracking, resolving and preventing issues to be able to deliver our services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
How we use the information we collect depends on the purpose we collect the information for and this is done as required and in accordance with applicable law. The information is further being used to maintain our legitimate interests in operating and offering our services, websites and business. More specifically below are the purposes we use the information we collect about you.
- To provide, update, maintain and protect the services we offer, our website and business. This means we use the information to deliver our services under a client agreement, to provide customer support and to operate and maintain the services. Also, we use the information to prevent and/or address errors, to adhere to security or technical issues and analyze the usage in order to maintain efficiency and productivity with the service.
- To communicate with you about the services by emailing you or responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and any additional features to improve and optimize the services and also in order of exploring potential partnerships with third parties. Looklet wants to make the services offered as useful and efficient as possible, in order to do so, we may use the information to improve and/or create new productivity features or products.
- For billing and other administrative matters.
- To investigate and prevent security breaches and abuse.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will share information about you in order to fulfill the purposes mentioned under “How we use information” but make sure that Looklet is not in the business of selling your information to advertisers or other third parties.
We may typically share your information with third parties in the following cases;
- With third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform functions on our behalf. In such cases, we will take the necessary steps to protect your information and we require these third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorized access and usage. Further, we do under no circumstance authorize these third parties to use your information for other purposes than such instructed by us.
- We may disclose your information to our corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- We may disclose your information during a change to Looklet’s business. If Looklet decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its business,your information may be disclosed with prospective or actual purchasers, sellers or partners and their advisers.
- We may share aggregate statistical data in order to improve our services. Further, we may also disclose aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for any purposes at our sole discretion.
- We may disclose your information to comply with laws, for example, if we are required by law to do so in order to protect you, us or someone else from harm or damage, or we are required by a warrant, court order or other legal or regulatory requirements to disclose your information to law enforcement agencies, courts or other public authorities.
- We may disclose your information in order to defend and protect the rights, property and safety of Looklet or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud and other security issues.
- We may disclose your information if you have given us your explicit consent to do so.
Protecting your information is very important to Looklet. Hence, Looklet takes commercially-reasonable technical and administrative security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nonetheless, although Looklet has taken security measures to protect your information, Looklet cannot guarantee, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, that your information, during transmissions through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
Looklet will not hold onto your information for longer than is needed (for example the need to conduct our business) or required by law.
In cases where we collect information about and from children, we understand the need to provide further privacy protections. In such cases, when we intend to collect personal information from children we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy such as;
- Notifying parents/legal guardians about our information practice regarding children (i.e. the type of information we collect, the purposes why and how we use such information and if we share, how and with whom this is done);
- Making sure that we limit our collection of children’s information for the sole purpose and to the extent it is reasonably necessary for Looklet to provide its services and its business;
- In accordance with applicable law obtaining consent from parents/legal guardians for collection of their children’s information; and
- Giving parents/legal guardians access to or the ability to request access to the information we have collected from their children and the possibility to at any time request that we change or delete such information.
YOUR CHOICES (ACCESS AND CONTROL)
You have certain statutory rights in relation to your information. Subject to exemptions provided by law, you have the right to request a copy of your information, to access and update your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format.
Further, if you do not want to receive any marketing or promotional communication from us, you have the right to opt-out of such emails by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email or by contacting us to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database.
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Information about you may be transferred to, processed or accessed by, entities located around the world for the purpose of providing you the services. Some of these entities may be located in countries that do not provide the same level of protection as the country where you normally use our services, so whenever we transfer your information we take steps to protect it and to ensure adequate protection of such information.
OTHER IMPORTANT PRIVACY INFORMATION
Changes to this policy
Looklet may change this policy from time to time due to but not limited to laws and regulations. We will post such changes on our site(s) and if necessary, depending on the nature of the change notify you by email. We encourage you to review this policy to stay informed. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a revised version of this policy, but accepting this policy, as revised, is required for you to continue using our services.
If you have any questions about this policy or information we have collected about you, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.